Customize your playtest
Below is a long list of things you can do or try with the help of PlaytestCloud. Some of the items below require you to reach out directly to our Senior Account Manager, Dillon Whitehouse, and some are possible without any additional customization – we've included them just to help get the creative juices flowing.
- Playtesting with children. Want to see how kids play your games? It's simple to set this up, as we have players with kids who also play games and are always eager to try out new games – with the consent of a parent, of course. Suggestion: Reach out to our Senior Account Manager, Dillon Whitehouse, to begin the process.
- Synchronous multiplayer testing. Synchronous multiplayer testing is a fancy way of saying that players interact with each other in real-time. It's possible to test games with synchronous multiplayer through PlaytestCloud.
- Asynchronous multiplayer testing. Asynchronous multiplayer is a fancy way of saying that players don’t have to play against each other in real-time. The most notable example of an asynchronous multiplayer game is Words With Friends. It's possible to test games with asynchronous multiplayer through PlaytestCloud.
- A/B tests. Iterate with real player feedback. You can test two different builds, a tweaked game mechanic or a different art style, and get actionable results to help you optimize player experience.
- Professional analysis. We work with well-known games user researchers who can help you set up and run your projects. Our experts can take your user research to the next level. Suggestion: Reach out to our Senior Account Manager, Dillon Whitehouse, to get started.
- Platform agnostic playtesting. Want to test that early Unity/Unreal Engine/Defold or Flash build of your game? You can test an early version of your game or prototype, getting that critical early player feedback, no matter what game engine you plan to use later on. PlaytestCloud is game engine agnostic.
- Art test. If you have artwork you want to test with a real audience, it's possible to get honest feedback from real players. Suggestion: Run a concept test with the artwork and ask players some open-ended questions. You'll need to contact our Senior Account Manager, Dillon Whitehouse, while our concept testing product is still in beta.
- Music test. Music is a crucial component of a game's experience. Compare two different soundtracks in the same game, or run quantitative music tests – whatever you need. Suggestion: Run a concept test with the music and ask players some open-ended questions. You'll need to contact our Senior Account Manager, Dillon Whitehouse, while our concept testing product is still in beta.
- Turn off audio recording. If you want to test a completely natural environment – while players are watching tv, on the subway, on the toilet – you can request to disable audio recording completely by reaching out to our Senior Account Manager, Dillon Whitehouse.
- Augmented reality (AR). There's nothing special required to test an augmented reality game. Order your playtest just like you would any other.