If a new playtest video arrived and you're looking to dig a little deeper, or you simply have a follow-up question or two you would like to ask the player – you can!
PlaytestCloud provides a way to get additional answers from the players who test your games.
Do you still have questions for the player? – ask them yourselves!
If you want to ask a player a follow-up question, it's possible to ask them directly with the Ask the player more questions button in the survey tab of the video player.
Here are some example scenarios:
- Does the player say something interesting in the video and you want them to expand on it?
- Does it seem like there is a disconnect between the player’s comments in the video and their survey responses?
- Is a player having difficulty with a game mechanic that you feel they should understand based on their gaming history?
Follow these steps in the video player screen:
- Click on the survey button
- At the bottom of the survey screen click on Ask the player more questions
- Click anywhere inside the "Fill in your questions" dialogue box that appears
- Ask as many questions as you'd like, there is no limit
- Once you're satisfied with your questions, click Send question
What happens now?
The player who tested your game will receive your questions via email.
Once they reply to your questions, you will be notified via email. You can then view your questions and the answers from the player below the video player.
There is no limit to the number of questions you can ask, but there is a time limit of four weeks – after which, the option to Ask player more questions will disappear.
Questions? Reach out to us by opening the chat bubble in the lower right corner of your screen.