PlaytestCloud offers you the ability to test your game in the prototype phase.
Proto.io is a prototyping tool that allows you to build interactive prototypes for iOS, Android, and desktops. With PlaytestCloud you can get feedback on your prototypes in the same way you would when playtesting games or concept tests with us.
Once you've got your prototype ready to go, copy the URL from within proto.io, following these steps:
- Click Share in the bottom right of your prototype preview screen
- Then click on the Settings cog
Note: The test can't run using the first share link you encounter. You must proceed to the settings.
- Then click on USER TESTING:
- Here you'll find the link that can be uploaded to PlaytestCloud.
- Click COPY next to either the Validately or the UserTesting link.
Next, head to PlaytestCloud to begin the playtest setup.
Setting up the prototype playtest
- Setup your playtest to the parameters that you'd like.
- Once you're happy with how the playtest has been set up, insert the link you copied from proto.io.
Insert your proto.io prototype link here:
The rest of the setup, including payment, is the same as for any of the other playtests.
You're able to select the demographics of the people who will test your prototype; add survey questions; create step-by-step instructions for the testers to answer when they're testing your prototype – all of the functionality you've come to expect from playtesting through PlaytestCloud.
Note: If your prototype test takes less than 15 minutes, please put a special request so that we can adjust a number of time players need to spend in the test.
Receiving videos is also the same process as any other playtest. Once the videos are ready, you'll be notified via email and will be able to view them on PlaytestCloud's website. Check out our Help Center article on how to analyze your first playtest for more detailed information.
What you do next is up to you! Of course, we hope that you learn a lot about your prototype from the videos and that uncover what you need to build what you envisioned.