There is a simple way to playtest a game made by your studio with experienced players playing on their own account, assuming the game has already been released on the Google Play Store: PlaytestCloud's Competitor Testing.
Although the name "Competitor Testing" might seem counterintuitive, a competitor playtest is a good fit for this scenario: Using our specialized PlaytestCloud recording app, we can run playtests on any game in the Google Play Store – including your own!
To playtest with experienced players we offer two options:
Placing an order for a competitor playtest is simple and can be achieved in 5 easy steps:
1. Set up your playtest in the order form (link requires a PlaytestCloud account) and choose the playtest type that you want.
2. Go to the Google Play Store page of the game you would like to test and copy the URL.
3. Paste the URL into the Upload your game section of the order form (under the Mobile Game option) then click Submit.
After a brief check of the URL you will see a confirmation of the game you selected:
4. In the Specify your target audience section, choose one of these options:
Use PlaytestCloud testers: If you want to playtest with our players and use Custom Targeting to find experienced players of your own game.
Use own testers: If you want to recruit players from your game's community using Bring Your Own Players.
5. And that’s it! Configure the rest of your playtest as desired and then submit your order.